Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Polygamy... Really?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/arts/television/16love.html?ref=television

I'll admit, I like to watch HBO's show "Big Love". I mean I am by no means supportive of the idea of polygamy, but its like not being able to help but watch a cop arrest someone on the side of the road. I find the practice repulsive and disrespectful, but I've never done it either, and we are not supposed to judge things that we haven't tried. I mean maybe there are some good things that come out of it, I'm just drawing a blank as to what those things might be.

In the article I read, Gina Bellafante previews the current season of "Big Love" which started its third season on Sunday January 18th on HBO at 9pm. I agree with her that its entertaining to watch something so repulsive yet fascinating all in one.

1 comment:

  1. Nice characterizations and good balance in this blurb. Likening the act of watching a show about polygamy to rubbernecking is a strangely fitting simile that I'd never thought of before, and you even found the space to throw in a little "well, I've never done it" disclaimer in good taste.

    ReplyDelete