Bachelor with Tyke Appeal Restored Show's Luster
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/arts/television/16bach.html
I love the term "reality TV". I mean, really, does anything in life actually work out that way? I would say that "The Bachelor" is the furthest thing from reality that I have seen in a long time. I understand that the term basically refers to the fact that the show is unscripted, but I highly doubt that that is a true statement.
In the article, Bill Carter writes about how the show has picked up more viewers by having a more likable guy, a cute father. I am not a big fan of the show, or its counter part "The Bachelorette", but my roommate watches it and so I have seen a few episodes. Still not a fan. I would say that the only reason to watch the show is to make fun of the people that are on it, except it is too depressing to make fun of someone who actually believes that they are on the show to find true love. Are we living in a fairy tale? Well if the answer to that question is yes, then I would say that that also is not reality.
My favorite part of the show, with each episode taking an excruciating two hours, is when the girls talk about how great a dad this guy is. Yet, he leaves his kid all the time to hang out in any straight man's wet dream, a house full of women flaunting themselves all over him. And he didn't just do it once, nope twice. This is the second time he is on the show, cause he didn't find true love last time on the "Bachelorette" so now he is putting himself and his son through it again. Let's face it, how many of the bachelors and bachelorettes have lasted with their "love" that they find on the show? Well after 17 shows (both "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette") only one couple is still together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment